Food Allergy Safety Class
Are you a
Student of culinary arts, food science, home economics, nutrition, or wellness?
Employee in the food service industry?
Enhance your knowledge of food allergy and gluten intolerance safety with
(Food Allergen & Gluten Intolerance Safety Awareness Training)
for the independent learner.
When you enroll in this online course you will learn
- How to define and know the difference between food allergies, celiac disease and food intolerance
- The basics of the U.S. Food Labeling Law, FALCPA and other relevant laws
- Prevention techniques to eliminate the risk of cross contamination of allergens and gluten
- How to recognize symptoms of a severe allergic reaction
- How to demonstrate proper emergency treatment for food allergies
- Definitions of relevant restaurant terms such as; back of the house and front of the house
- To demonstrate methods for avoiding allergens and gluten in a food service establishment in both the front and back of the house in a variety of food service settings; i.e.Cafeteria, formal dining, casual, QSR, and fast casual
- How to properly communicate with and serving a diner who has food allergies or intolerances
- How to properly communicate with food vendors, manufacturers, and diners with special dietary needs about products, ingredients, and menu options.
For additional information, please contact us at: email@example.com
Within approximately 24 hours after purchase (Monday through Thursday) we will send you a course code and instructions to begin the course. Purchases on Friday may take until Monday to receive your course code and instructions. If any questions or your code does not arrive in this time frame, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
This course is delivered to you online by our partner, KP Compass Education Systems.