Jannas professional life has spanned television, radio, writing, and educating. When one of her sons was diagnosed with food allergies at five months old she became proactive in learning how to manage his care. Her early experience with food allergy and gluten intolerance management began as a legislative advocate.
Her company, Allergy Free Table, LLC, offers free and low cost online courses for diners, parents, educators and students to learn practical food allergy and gluten intolerance management in a variety of settings.
- Member of the Poudre School District (PSD) Advisory Board (2010-2012)
- Member of the (PSD) Wellness Council
- Member of the PSD Food Allergy Task Force where she helped implement Youth Wellness Day to serve low income youth with free vaccinations, food allergy and asthma support, wellness information, and dental exams.
- Volunteer Coordinator, PTA member, Co-chair of the Auction Committee, Co-chair of the School Accountability Committee and member of the Wellness Committee at her sons elementary school
- Member of the Parents of Anaphylactic and Asthmatic Children
- Active member of I-CAN (food allergy support group)
- Member of DC-Metro Food Allergy support group and the Colorado Food Allergy group
- Teaching food allergy safety to school district cafeteria and nursing staffs
- Prior board member of two organizations: Culver City Unity Church and Inverness Knolls Homeowners Association.
- M.Ed. Nutrition Education, Framingham State University
In 2013-14 Julie developed the Calcium Intake Project as a capstone project. The Calcium Intake Project taught parents of children with a dairy allergy how to enhance their food planning and preparation skills to develop meal plans for optimum bone health
- Post-Baccalaureate Physical Education, California State University/Dominguez Hills
- B.A. Independent Studies/Sport Promotion and Public Relations, University of Maryland
Janna is married, with twin sons, and living in Fort Collins, Colorado. She enjoys travel, playing many sports, hiking, and skiing, with her family and has practiced yoga for many years.